Setting Up an Amateur Team
To set up a team under the jurisdiction of the Scottish Amateur Football Association (SAFA)
You should carry out the following procedures: -
1. Set up a Club Constitution. (Sample available to download in "Documents and Downloads")
2. Appoint a Club President / Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Team Manager / Coach / The Secretary / Treasurer posts can be combined by one person.
3. Assemble your group of players.
4. Make application to your local amateur league.
(a) Contact details can be supplied by the SAFA or can be obtained from www.scottishamateurfa.co.uk when your team has been set up.
(b)There is a choice of player Saturday or Sunday Football.
(c) Fixtures and referees would be issued by the Association or League, which you join.
5. Make application to your local council authority for the use of a pitch.